Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Helps me keep my sanity.

Every day. On my life’s journey. I try to avoid the bad world. So that I can spend my time in the good world. Yes, I’ve discovered that there are two distinct worlds. Good and bad. So far, I’ve been lucky. I seldom end up in the bad world. And when I do, I plan my escape. Quickly.  For my own sake. So that I can pursue happiness. Everyone has a right to happiness. But in the bad world, happiness is very elusive. Hard to come by. I see the bad world from a distance, mostly.  In news reports from Syria and the Middle East and from the dysfunctional Trump White House.  Yes, mean-spirited stuff happens  constantly in those dreaded bad places. Hell on Earth.  Reason to keep safe distance. And to bed down  in the good world. Here in Minnesota. With occasional sojourns to Sardinia, to live with my Italian amore. I abhor having to reside part-time in a divided world and divided countries. But that’s reality. Sometimes I pretend. That the bad world doesn’t exist. Helps me sleep at night. Helps me keep my sanity, too. --Jim Broede

No comments: