Wednesday, March 29, 2017

A gift. From our creator.

My Italian amore Cristina is Catholic. I’m not. Instead, I’m a spiritual free-thinker. But it really doesn’t matter. When it comes to our wonderful relationship.  We’re drawn together. More by our differences. Than by our similarities. She’s a woman. I’m a man. She’s Italian. I’m American. She’s younger. I’m older. We both happen to be political liberals. But it wouldn’t matter if she was conservative. Thing is. We like and love each other. Just the way we are. No need or desire for us to be clones of each other. We thrive on the differences. Because that’s precisely what gives us remarkable balance. Makes us what we are.  I’d not be the same. Without dear Cristina. And Cristina would not be the same. Without me. We need each other to be who we are. Cristina gives me life. And sustenance. And I return the favor. By giving her life and sustenance, It’s a perfect arrangement. Because we know how to accept each other. Just the way we are. No rigid requirement to change each other. We both have blemishes. But once again, that doesn’t matter. Because we are true lovers. True to each other. Yes, I have been fortunate. Blessed with two true loves in my exotic lifetime. First, Jeanne. My dear wife of 38 years. Until she died of Alzheimer’s. Of course, she still lives. In the spiritual realm. Where she probably has guided me. To my second true love. The divine Cristina. Life was meant to be this way. Destiny. That I accept. A loving blessing. From the creator.  Cristina knows it I know it. It’s a gift. From our creator. --Jim Broede

No comments: