Thursday, April 27, 2017

A tidal wave of love.

Consensus. That’s what I’m for. Divided political factions.  Getting together. To work things out. By consensus.  Yes, Democrats and Republicans. Liberals and conservatives. Learning to respect each other. Enough. To achieve peace and harmony. And to solve problems. For the good of the country. Rather than for the good of a particular political party. Yes, let the commonweal prevail. That’s the spirit I want to see.  More cooperation.  Less political bickering. Let’s pretend we’re friends. Rather than enemies. Maybe we’ll start believing in each other.  Now I see a divided nation. It makes no sense. It could lead to a civil war. In which both sides become losers. By destroying each other. Give me a dose of sanity. And goodwill. That’s what I have now. In my individual, one-on-one relationships. I have no enemies. Only friends. Ever since I adopted the credo to love my enemies. That’s all it took. Love. Love. And more love. I am awash with love. Swept away in a tidal wave of love. --Jim Broede

No comments: