Thursday, April 27, 2017

The right side of human decency.

I find pleasure. In spouting off. Over stuff that I can’t control. For instance. I can’t do anything about political outcomes. I am compelled to accept the fact that Donald Trump is president. But nothing stops me. From complaining. From protesting. From expressing my displeasure. That is precisely what gives me pleasure. To put into words. My disdain for Trump. It gives me a sense of freedom. Yes, I’m thankful for freedom of speech. I can bellyache about Trump. Poke fun at him. Hurl insults. In much the same manner as Trump himself. Of course, I also have the option to ignore Trump. Pretending that he doesn’t exist. But I find that difficult. It’s easier to do what I’m doing now. Taking pleasure. And pride. For knowing. That I have sense enough. To oppose Trump. With my heart and soul. Puts me on the right side of human decency. --Jim Broede

No comments: