Friday, April 28, 2017

Let's give him the boot.

I’d hate to have lived in Nazi Germany or Stalinist Russia. Or to be in Assad’s Syria. Or almost anywhere in the Middle East. Meanwhile, I’m increasingly uncomfortable. Living in Donald Trump’s America. I don’t like the direction in which we are headed. Can’t say yet that it’s as bad as several other places in the modern world. But one thing is for sure. Trump’s America is not the best place to be. There are better locales. At least from my admittedly warped perspective. I’m uneasy about the future. And about the existing political climate. That brought Trump to power. Am I wrong, folks, for feeling this apprehensive? My dear friend Rosie.  And my sister Babs. Have both latched on to the Trumpian wave. They support Trump. Without reservation. No qualms.  They voted for him in November. And they say they'd do it again. That's scary. Wish it weren’t so. But they steadfastly proclaim. That it’s thrilling. To go with the current political flow. They swear allegiance to Donald Trump. They say he will make America great again. They urge me to give  him a chance. Please. Please. Instead. Let's give him the royal  boot.  --Jim Broede

No comments: