Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Make room for me.

I wonder. Why anyone chooses a career in politics. Is there a motivating force? I’m fascinated by politics. But I know enough. To steer  clear of politicians. Yet I have met many politicians. Because I covered local politics. In my job. As a writer. For newspapers. I originally thought about becoming a sportswriter. And maybe I did. After all, politics resembles a sporting event. It’s a game to be played. In which there are winners and losers. For that matter. Maybe life is a game. We are all playing games. Of one sort or another. We are competing against each other. That’s the nature of capitalism. Survival of the fittest. To the victor comes the spoils. That’s the story of our hero. The president. He does as he pleases. He calls his rivals losers. Says some of ‘em should be put in jail. He’s full of bombast. He considers himself a winner. But I look at him as a loser. Yes. In the grand scheme of life.  I’m the real winner. Move over, Donald Trump. Make room for me. --Jim Broede

No comments: