Tuesday, April 18, 2017

The slow, gradual discovery.

I like to express my thoughts. Out loud. In musings. Most people, I surmise, are reluctant to say what’s on their mind. They may even be afraid to tell themselves. Every thought. I don’t hesitate to say what’s on my mind. To be open. And above board. To venture naked into the world. I have nothing to hide. It’s that simple. If someone asks me a question. About virtually anything. I’ll answer. Sometimes in a silly and not too serious way. But always with some degree of honesty. I always get around. To expressing what’s at the core of my being. Sometimes in subtle ways. Because I want others to think. Long and hard. To reach for the truth. About everything. I acknowledge. That there’s so much that I don’t know. But that’s the most thrilling part of life. The slow, gradual discovery of what life is all about. --Jim Broede

No comments: