Friday, April 21, 2017

My full-time pursuit.

Believe me, everyone, when I say it’s a blessing to live long enough to retire. And still be in good health. Turns out, I’m more active as a retiree than when employed. The difference. What I’m doing is mostly pure pleasure.  Doing what I want to do. I write every day. I walk every day. More so than ever before. I read. Keep myself informed. Pretty much do as I please. I have time to think. Positively. About life. And retirement also gave me the time needed to become dear Jeanne’s care-giver. Right up to the end. Followed by the opportunity to get on with life. In a wonderful manner. The Alzheimer experience was only a blip in time. But I learned so much. About being a decent human being. Yes, there’s a reward. For surviving a difficult time. Another lesson. In how to cherish and appreciate life. That’s become my full-time pursuit. In retirement. --Jim Broede

No comments: