Sunday, April 9, 2017

Makes life worth living.

I’m focused on the one-on-one relationships. For a reason. Because those are the ones that have meaningful effect. On both participants. I and Thou. I’ve had two true loves in a lifetime. Indeed, my greatest achievement. The experiences that made me feel whole. Complete. I contrast that with historical mass movements. Which bring about societal change. Political change, for instance. For the common good. Movements that sort of evolve. By themselves. Really. Doesn’t matter whether I’m here to guide them along. I’m a mere sideline observer. To the inevitable course of history. Meanwhile, I go out. In search of my Jeanne and my Cristina. My true loves. I find them. And we cultivate our relationships. Together. It’s not by total happenstance. The two of us make it happen. That contrasts with societal movements. I, alone, cannot make those movements happen. It’s a form of destiny. Beyond my direct control.  But I chose to fall in love. With Jeanne. And with Cristina. That makes my life very meaningful. And thrilling, too. As to whether Donald Trump is president or not. I don’t care. It’s beyond my control. Crap happens.  And so does love. Love that I instigated. Wow! Makes life worth living. Despite the you know what. --Jim Broede

No comments: