Saturday, April 8, 2017

Nobody can stop me.

The way we treat each other. In the political realm. All over the world. It’s unacceptable. I declare it. Right here. But I can’t do anything about it. Other than to complain. To protest. Which I’ve done. Virtually all my life. I earned my living that way. And I participated in local politics. But seems to me it’s all gone for naught. I’ve had virtually no significant impact. The world would be what it is. Politically speaking. With or without me. I haven’t made one iota of difference. Time that I recognized. My futility. I am not in a position of power. I am a mere grain of sand on an isolated beach.  Yes, folks. That’s the brutal truth. We ordinary people have no control over the political world in which we reside.  What will be, will be. But still, I have emerged from this hellish mess. By falling in love.  With someone. With life. Yes, that is my salvation. Nobody can stop me.  From being a romantic idealist. A spiritual free-thinker. A political liberal. A writer. A lover. A dreamer. Maybe even a decent human being. --Jim Broede

No comments: