Monday, April 24, 2017

Reason to lament.

I don’t hesitate taking tentative positions. On all sorts of controversial political, economic and social matters. Yes, right from the start. Long before I have all the facts. I allow myself. To form temporary opinions. ln the embryo stage of thought. Trying to keep an open mind. While listening to others. Admitting that I may be wrong. Because I may never have all the facts. But it’s necessary to proceed. To take a stand.  Because it’s time to make a decision. For which I may be later sorry. That’s life. It isn’t perfect. Therefore, I am entitled to making mistakes. That can be corrected. Eventually. Yes, I recognize. That I’m mostly in a state of flux. In that respect. I might make an ideal politician. I’m open to review. I’m capable of shifting my position. Especially if the issue can be resolved. By the lost art of compromise.  Yes, I recognize that accommodation (compromise)  is a dirty word. In modern day politics. There’s no room for movement. Indeed, that’s very, very sad. Reason for me and everyone to lament. --Jim Broede

No comments: