Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Making the best of life.

I can get on with my life. No matter the state of American politics. So I occasionally tell myself. Ignore Donald Trump. Don’t get upset. He’ll come. And some day he’ll go. I’ll survive. The country, too. Will go on and on. It’s not worth getting hot and bothered. Over what might happen. In the ever-changing realm of weird American politics. But for me, unfortunately, that’s easier said than done. I know history. It was one of my majors in college. And sometimes tragic and avoidable things happen. Because not enough citizens truly cared. Never took the time to intervene. To change the course of history.  Maybe it wouldn’t have mattered. Maybe the likes of a Hitler was destined to come to power. Like it or not. A single citizen would not have made a difference.  So one may be wise. To get on with one’s individual life. Making the best of it. Despite the lousy political climate. --Jim Broede

No comments: