Monday, June 12, 2017

Probing. Learning. Listening.

I’m an unabashed political liberal. So where do I go? Virtually every night. For my news and commentary.  Yes, to MSNBC. With good reason.  Because it’s comforting. To get the so-called liberal slant. It’s stuff I want to hear. In support of the way I think. Seldom do I turn to conservative-leaning Fox News. It’s a waste of time. I’ve been there. As a young man, I was duped. I was politically conservative. Now I know better. I’ve rejected political conservatism. I’m happy being a liberal. To have MSNBC around to help fortify my views. Of course. I’m encouraged. By my conservative friends. To be more objective.  To listen to opinions contrary to mine. Fact is, I do. That’s why I am what I am.  Accepting a liberal or progressive label. Though really, I’m a maverick. An independent. Constantly evolving. Always on the move. Probing. Learning. Listening. --Jim Broede

No comments: