Monday, July 31, 2017

My attempt to laugh.

Some people are stupid. No getting around it. That includes my sister. And some of my best friends. But still, I try to love them. Embrace them. Forgive them. For being stupid. I say this. Here in my blog. Because I dare write.  What I feel and believe. I am associated with some pretty stupid people. So stupid that they voted for Donald Trump. And still support him. Months after he became president.  I find that not only stupid. But dangerous.  I’d like to persuade them. That Trump poses a peril. To our nation. And to sane and safe life. As we know it. Could be that Trump is insane. Even some day becoming as wacky as Hitler. Maybe I’m all wrong about this. Maybe I’m the stupid and dangerous one.  For saying what I’m saying. Maybe I should keep all this stuff to myself. That would be the safe approach. So that nobody knows how I feel. But I say it. Because I am scared. Being surrounded by so very many stupid people. Of course, some of you may think I’m kidding. That this will soon become part of my stand-up comic act. In my attempt to laugh.  Rather than to cry and go insane. --Jim Broede

No comments: