Friday, July 28, 2017

Now a convert.

I got religion. In an unexpected place. On Wednesday night. With my Italian true love, Cristina. She’s to be with me for the rest of the idyllic phase of my summer. A good thing. Because Cristina has me doing stuff I normally don’t do. When living alone. Anyway, I went. Very willingly. With Cristina. To a concert. By talented musicians organized by and featuring guitarist Roger Waters, founder of the iconic British music group Pink Floyd. Which I had heard of. But never really listened to. Believe me. I am now a convert . To the Pink Floyd style of music. Mesmerized. Captivated. Sitting there. Next to Cristina. Mere specks in a sellout crowd of 15,000. I felt elevated. Above the throng. Which was going wild in exaltation. Meanwhile, I remained subdued. Stunned into silence. In appreciation of a truly religious experience.  I must show proper respect and reverence. I’ll be thinking about this. For a long, long time.  More to come. --Jim Broede

No comments: