Tuesday, July 4, 2017

What will be, will be.

In some ways, I like to be frustrated and annoyed. With people. With events. With life for that matter. I would have it no other way.  Because that’s what turns me on. Swings me into action. To do something about it. If I can. And if I can’t, it compels me to practice acceptance. Often by ignoring the problem. And getting on with life. By dealing with the things I can effect and control. Yes, I have learned to live with stuff that frustrates me. Such as the Chicago Cubs losing games that they should have won. I keep telling myself. It’s only a baseball game. Not a life or death situation. Yes, I try to separate the little and insignificant stuff from the matters that might put my life or other lives in peril. If I have to worry about something significant. I worry about a friend. With dementia. I wish for magic for her. Maybe a miracle. To make her well again. Knowing full well, that what will be, will be. --Jim Broede

No comments: