Thursday, August 31, 2017

A comforting and loving spirit.

The best of times. They are always with me. At my beck and call. These past seven weeks, for instance. My Italian amore has been with me. Here in Minnesota. Now that she’s returned to her Mediterranean island paradise. To resume her career as a teacher of English and English literature. It might be construed as reason to lament. But no, no. Instead, I’ve learned to savor life. And Cristina.  Meaningfully. Because she’s always with me. Inside me. As a living spirit. There for connecting. From near and afar. Doesn’t matter whether we are separated physically. Because we haven’t waited until death to capture each other’s spirits. Better to do it. While still very much alive.  Yes. Yes. We are always together. Even when separated. By an ocean and more. I have learned to embrace Cristina’s essence. Her true and abiding spirit. I put Cristina on a flight yesterday. Back to her homeland. But can’t say that I miss her.  Instead, I am permeated by her comforting and loving spirit. --Jim Broede

No comments: