Monday, August 28, 2017

My definition of freedom.

I like to occupy my life. With thought. To get up. In the middle of the night. To think about life. In an analytical manner. To figure out. How events connect. And have meaning. Enough to become a story. It’s my way of being creative. Concocting a meaningful life. I find such a pursuit thrilling. I don’t have a compulsion to write a story. Better to live the story.  Of my life. Of my being.  Actual experience. A new living chapter. Every day. Here I am. Trying to understand what I am living. Inside and out. I reflect. On what I was. And what I have become. And what I will be. In a time yet to come. Yes, I have an opportunity. With plenty of built-in leeway. To create/design me.  And my world, too. That is my definition of freedom. --Jim Broede

No comments: