Sunday, August 6, 2017

No matter.

So much of life is shared intimacies. With only one other. A true love. That is the one that knows me the best. But still doesn’t know all. Because I don’t even know all. About myself. I’m learning. At virtually every moment. New and profound stuff. I am in constant motion. Never static. Which means that it’s difficult gauging.  Where I am at. Or who I am. At any given moment. Martin Buber, an Austrian-born Israeli Jewish philosopher, has an interesting theory/concept. That people who tend to be more conservative than liberal in their ways. Find constant evolution. Of one’s being. To be uncomfortable. They want to know precisely where one is at. At any given moment.  I’m more liberal than conservative. Doesn’t bother me. If I don’t know where I am. Or who I am. Yes, I enjoy the imprecision of life. After all, life is a journey.  That may never end. I am always on the move. In perpetual motion.  Therefore, it really doesn’t matter who or what I am. All I need know. Is that I am. Fully capable of savoring life. No matter where or what the situation. --Jim Broede

No comments: