Sunday, September 17, 2017

A strange thank you.

Here’s a thought. About life. I’m retired. Have been. For 20 years. Hey, that’s a quarter of my life. I like being retired. Gives me lots of freedom. In determining the way I live. For one thing. I don’t have to report for work anymore. I live by my own flexible schedule. I’m my own boss. I used to ‘work’ for a living. But it really wasn’t work.  It was mostly pleasure. I continue to write daily. Seldom miss a day. Like always, I write for pleasure. Not for monetary reasons. I write about anything that comes to mind. Such as now. I write my own way. At may own pace. No hurry. No deadline. But still, I write more than when I was employed. That makes sense. After all, I want retirement to be pleasurable. Another thing. I sleep. When I want to. Usually, when I’m tired. I can stay awake all day. When I’m enjoying myself. Sometimes, I wake at 3 in the morning. With a joyful thought. I go to the computer, and jot it down. But I’m also capable of writing sad thoughts. And critiques about almost any and everything. That may offend some people. But that’s life. One can't please everyone. Sure, I may be wrong. About lots of things. When I am knowingly wrong, I admit it. I apologize. If necessary. Thing is. It doesn’t always bother me if I’m wrong. It makes me feel good being on the wrong side of some issues. Especially political. Yes, sometimes the perceived ‘wrong' side of an issue is the right side to be on. If I’m called a maverick or a rebel or downright eccentric – well then, thank you for the compliment. --Jim Broede

No comments: