Saturday, September 16, 2017

I almost forgot.

When injured (with a pulled hamstring). It’s paramount. That I experiment. With my mind and body. To determine what I am capable of doing. And then do it. Rather than taking time off. And doing nothing other than bed rest. Some well-wishers would encourage me to do less and less. Rather than more and more. I often ignore their advice.  Better to follow a regimen of relatively safe activity. Avoiding a complete shutdown. Yes. Yes. Better to remain on the go. In accord with my true nature. For instance, I am now on bent and cushioned knee. At my computer. Writing this. Yes, I am in an awkward position. But it’s manageable and pain-free. More workable than if I were painfully seated in my chair. I have improvised. In order to get by. And to remain functional. Yes. I do what I need do. One way or another. Yesterday, I wandered casually. In the yard. Picking up stuff.  And putting away the tools of summer gardening. I walked, too, to visit and socialize with neighbors. Now I have taken a break from writing. To walk about the house. To loosen up.  To practice my own form of tai chi. Later today, I will consider driving into town. To stock up on provisions. For a nice evening of relaxing activity. At the moment, I’m listening to Boccherini string trios. Before  going to bed for the night, I’ll remind myself, that I have a pulled hamstring. I almost forgot. --Jim Broede 

No comments: