Saturday, September 23, 2017

Asking for far too much.

I want too much out of life. And when I don’t get it, I’m disappointed. Even over little and inconsequential stuff. Maybe it’s that I am spoiled. I have too much already. I haven’t learned to settle for less. Instead, I want a world with everything fitting neatly into place. Dictated by my standards, my criteria, my beck and call.  Politically, socially, economically. Every which way. I even want the Cubs to win baseball games. On my command. In order that I feel good. Doesn’t matter if fans of the other team feel bad. Yes. Yes. I’m not only spoiled. But selfish, too. Of course, I recognize that a world concocted  by my grand design would end up being a horror show. Really, I prefer love stories. With happy endings. But I know, that’s asking for far too much. --Jim Broede

No comments: