Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Another everything.

I’m convinced. It’s a crazy world. Unfortunately, a bad crazy. More so than a good crazy. I hate to turn on the TV news. Or to read the New York Times anymore. Because I’m being fed stuff unfit to hear and read. I’d rather live in isolation. In my cave. Pardon me. If I don’t want to stay connected. Please allow me to create my own world. To escape an imposed reality. To block it out. I’d be better off. Mentally and emotionally. Living imaginatively.  So I could become sane again. And pursue my life. Uninterrupted. As a romantic idealist. A spiritual free-thinker. A political liberal. A lover. A dreamer. I’m better off, too. As a writer. Able to exercise my imagination. Able to fly off. Far away. To another planet. Another galaxy. Another time. --Jim Broede

No comments: