Sunday, October 1, 2017

Like real people.

I can imagine. Being a cat. We speak each other’s language. And we have a spiritual connection. And an intimate understanding of each other. I suspect. That I might have been a cat. Once upon a time. For almost a year now, Marcello has lived with me. He’s an orange tabby. I nabbed him. From an animal shelter. Two days before Christmas. When he was still a kitten. I had been without a cat. For several months. Since the death of longtime companion, Lover Boy. I wasn’t quite ready. For another cat. But now I’m ready. I’ve grieved long enough. Over Lover Boy. Marcello sees to that. He reminds me. That it’s time to get on with life. I’ve always talked to my cats. Because they are like real people. More real than some of my acquaintances.  --Jim Broede

No comments: