Sunday, October 1, 2017

Free to be whatever.

I’m divided. Inwardly. Over whether I should accept the inevitability of my own death. I prefer imagining an afterlife. A continuation. Of my existence. Outside and beyond my physical being. I have nothing to lose. By imagining such a scenario. To the point of belief. Yes. Yes. It’s comforting. To believe in the preposterous. With no scientific proof. I need none. I am not a scientist. Better to go far beyond science. I am free. To allow my mind. To wander. Wherever it instinctively wanders. Maybe it’s not my mind. But more likely, my spirit or soul.  My indestructible, non-physical being. My true essence. Wandering. Not for religious reasons. Instead, I am a spiritual free-thinker. A believer in the existence of a spiritual realm. It simply is what it is. Real life. Without a creator. Other than one’s own creative self. Free to be whatever one wants (life) to be. --Jim Broede

No comments: