Sunday, December 17, 2017

A good time to drop dead.

If one has to leave this world. Maybe this is a good time to go. To drop dead. Because I am steadily growing disenchanted. I am no longer in love. With the political, economic and social systems. Oh, I am in love. With many aspects of life. With certain dear friends and cohorts. They keep me going. Of course, at age 82. I’m likely to not have much time left. I’ll have to bow out. Like it or not. I’d be lucky to reach my 90s. With full mental and physical vigor. Probably just as well. That I die. Before becoming hopelessly old and decrepit. In that sense, I can accept death. Willingly. Knowing that I didn’t die young. That I lived long enough. To get a reasonable shake. If not a full measure of life. Oh, I’d like to come back. To be resurrected. After positive change occurs in the world. To savor the best of life. More fully. Unfortunately, becoming enamored with it all. In this day and age. Keeps getting more difficult. I’d like to start all over. As a young man. With a boundless future. --Jim Broede

No comments: