Wednesday, December 6, 2017

When I flee to France.

My Trumpian friend Rosie. Tells me. Don’t let Trump bother you. It’s easy for Rosie to say. She adores Trump. She voted for him. And seems to have no regrets. Meanwhile, Rosie encourages me to get on with life. Reminding me. That there’s so much to savor. With or without Trump. Shouldn’t really matter. Whether Trump exists. It’s merely a matter of inconsequential politics. There’s much to life. Above and beyond politics. For instance. Later this month. I’m fleeing America. Going to France. To spend the holidays. With my Italian amore, Cristina. Yes. Yes. It makes sense. I’ll focus on Cristina and France. And all there’s to love and cherish about life. Far better than sinking into depression. Thinking about Trump and Hell. You are a wise woman, dear Rosie. You give me good advice. To ignore Hell and Trump. It’ll be a little easier. When I flee to France. --Jim Broede

No comments: