Saturday, February 10, 2018

My cure-all.

Feeling sorry for one’s self. It’s a waste of time. Better to feel sorry for others. So easy. To find others in far worse circumstances. Than I. Makes me feel lucky. In comparison. That’s one crutch I use. In getting through difficult times. The other crutch. Is to have faith and perseverance. In knowing. Everything gets better. Eventually. At least, it has so far. Sure, sometimes I have to find ways. To get out of physical, mental and emotional turmoil. Using all sorts of tricks. Most people I know. Use religion. Or other forms of spiritual sustenance. I’m for whatever works. For me. It’s the knowledge. That I’m blessed. With being an alive and conscious being. Capable of making the best of life. Merely my falling in love. With someone or something. Yes. Yes. That’s my cure-all. --Jim Broede

No comments: