Tuesday, April 24, 2018

A true man of moderation.


Haven’t decided yet. Whether I’m a true man of moderation. Or if I tend to go off the deep end. And push my limits. Beyond and beyond and beyond. I walk 10 miles. Daily. Yes, some 70 miles a week. Some people tell me. That’s excessive.  Anything but moderate. For an 82-year-old man. Of course, I scoff at that.  And boast that I’m a man of moderation. After all, I walk at a leisurely pace. Of 15-to-20-minute miles. I figure. That if my life depended on it.  I could complete a marathon. At that speed. Anyway. Before and after my walks. I often sit down. And write thousands of words. Thoughts. Such as this. I could be accused of being addicted. To writing and walking. I do it every day. For 13 years. I was a compulsive care-giver. Learned to like caring for Jeanne.  Went for long stretches for 24/7. But ultimately cut back to 8 to 10 hours. Always without miss. More proof. That I know how to bring my life under control. Yes. Yes. Here I am. A survivor. I wonder. If that makes me a true man of moderation. –Jim Broede

No comments: