Tuesday, May 1, 2018

A wonderful sensation.


The nicest thing about being a writer. It allows me to create. On a daily basis. I have the option. To create. On paper. Non-fiction. Or fiction. Real worlds. And make-believe worlds. That keep me young and vigorous and engaged. Gives me the opportunity to make sense of my life. My writing affects me. More than anyone else. Gives me control. Over my life. It was largely the written word. That linked me to my Italian amore, Cristina. Correspondence. Love letters. Of course, my writing also alienates me. With some of the zany and oddball characters. In my real and pretend orbits. Because I always maintain control. I’m able to adapt. To quell my concerns. My fears. The variables of life. The expected and the unexpected. It’s almost as if I’m living in a novel. That I’m not only writing. But living. It’s a wonderful sensation. --Jim Broede

No comments: