Monday, July 30, 2018

A bountiful life. Snoozing or not.

Sleep. That’s one of my shortcomings. I don’t get enough sleep. Wish I’d get more. But I want to finish out the day. In grand style. With a flourish. And that cuts into my sleep time. Can’t remember when I last got 8 hours. Often, I go to bed at 2 in the morning. And get up at daybreak. Sometimes, I go back to bed again. For an hour or two. Once upon a time, I slept straight through. For 8 hours, or more. I was more well-regulated. But I don’t want to be regulated anymore.  I’d rather live in a hodge-podge pattern. But always interested in something.  That’s why I like to stay awake. Sleep may break my chain of thought. Of course, it also tends to refresh one’s mind. But I find that staying awake. Can be stimulating, too. Also, a catnap is almost as good as a prolonged sleep. Oh well, I’m not going to worry about a lack of sleep. Or for that matter, a lack of anything. After all. I have a bountiful life. –Jim Broede

No comments: