Tuesday, November 27, 2018

For the pursuit of love.

I’ve reached the age of uncertainty. An octogenarian. Generally considered an old man. I’m fortunate. At the moment.  Because I am able to take care of myself. But face it. This is a risky age. To live alone. Most of the time. Which I do. I still travel. To Italy. To be with my younger Italian true love. For six weeks. Later this winter. I have faith. That all will go well. Because I am a romantic idealist. A true believer. That life was meant to be lived. Romantically. Almost as if in a dream world. Yes. I recognize. That all good things. Come to an end. Some day. I will die. Leaving my Earthly life. Unexpectedly. But perhaps. There is an afterlife. A spiritual domain. Or a reincarnation. For those who desire to live forever. Because it’s the romantic thing to do. Yes. Yes. I live for the sake of romance. For the pursuit of love. That makes me a genuine romantic idealist. --Jim Broede

No comments: