Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Living my life.


I wonder. If one would be better off. Actually living one’s story. Rather than putting it in novel/story form. Yes. Being a romantic idealist. In the flesh. Being a spiritual free-thinker. In one's soul. Being a political liberal. Right here on Earth.  On a daily basis. Being a lover. In practice. Dreaming dreams. But also living dreams. My critique of writers. Is that they write make-believe stories. Rather than live real stories. I feel like I’m really living my story. My life. Chapter by chapter by chapter. Not in my imagination. But in reality.  I have to do more than merely go through the motions of proclaiming who I am. I am compelled to be. To truly live my life. Yes. My life. Every day. And to learn to savor it all. Or if not all. To savor every little piece. Piece by piece. Not in theory. But in practice. I am far more than a novelist. I am, period. Living. Living. Living my life. --Jim Broede

No comments: