Thursday, August 16, 2007

As if living a blessed adventure.

When I’m honest about it, I have to admit to failure. Daily. I don’t live a day without failure. Because I live by trial and error. Care-giving is a prime example. One must learn from mistakes. Daily. Much of the time I don’t know what I’m doing. In life, period. Because I have been born into a world that I’m just learning to comprehend. I’m feeling my way. Yes, I don’t know it all. And that is precisely what makes life so wonderful – not knowing what’s to come in the next moment, the next episode. Not knowing the future. That’s super wonderful. Yes, not only living the moment. But the anticipation of what’s coming. What’s around the corner, or just over the visible horizon. Not knowing what to expect. Oh, that may make some people nervous and scared. Anticipating the worst. Dreading the unknown. But I’ve always felt that there’s something wonderful on the other side. Maybe because life so far has been far more wonderful than disappointing. Yes, life has been worth living. As if living a blessed adventure. --Jim Broede

1 comment:

Broede's Broodings said...

I look at the broede's broodings blog as an adventure. I'm not exactly sure where it's going. That's what gives me a sense of adventure. Waiting to see what's around the corner. I'm happy to see that so many of you are coming along for the ride. But hey, hop off the wagon if you feel scared. I'll understand. Adventure isn't for everyone. --Jim Broede