Thursday, August 23, 2007

The truth...I won't stop speaking it.

Read my posts (about 75) so far in this blog. I'm not harming anyone. But some of you are harming yourselves by becoming angry and irrational and hostile. You can disagree with the likes of me and still keep your cool. No reason you can't. I, for instance, can listen to political pundit Rush Limberger and recognize that he's a crackpot, and still not get the least bit upset. Instead, I laugh at him. For being so stupid. Well, if I was stupid and a crackpot, it'd be easy to write me off. But I'm telling you something you don't want to hear. The truth. Maybe that's why you get angry and hostile. Because I've pushed a button. I got to your inner being. And you know I'm telling you the truth. And that's why it hurts. The truth hurts, doesn't it? But somebody has gotta tell it to you. And if you don't want to hear the truth, then don't plug into this blog. Don't listen to me. Don't keep coming back. Because if you do, you'll have to face the truth sooner or later. Because I won't stop speaking it. --Jim Broede

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"If you think my opinions are wrongheaded and downright stupid, then just let me be wrongheaded and downright stupid."

We do and we will. Goodbye and perhaps your "blog" will fly off into outer space with the rest of the rubbish floating around out there.

Broede's Broodings said...

Anonymous:

In saying goodbye to this blog, you are doing the sensible thing., dear Anonymous. For you. This decision will allow your anger to subside. You'll be taking control of your life again. You will be a recovering Broedealholic. Now, take it a day at a time. After a week or two, it'll become easier. You'll be able to live without me. You'll be happy again. In charge of your life. Imbibing in Broede will be a distant memory. Fading way off into the past. You should never have gotten hooked in the first place. Try to caution others to stay away. If you take the first sip of Broede, it may be too late. That's how they get hooked. Just takes one visit to the blog. And you can't go away. You have to come back for your daily fix. --Jim Broede

Broede's Broodings said...

Please understand that any comment that meets the Broede standard of decency will be allowed. That means no profanity. No cussing. No personal insults. One must be reasonably polite and courteous. And it's best to address issues rather than personalities. As you can see, there are lots of comments remaining. Even some on the edge of meeting this blog's high standards. When I'm in doubt, I like to give you folks the benefit of the doubt. I try to be accommodating. And a nice guy, too. I appreciate all your support. And constructive criticism, too. And please address me as Jim. Mr. Broede is too formal. I prefer a relaxed atmosphere around here. --Jim Broede