Thursday, August 16, 2007

...a very unhappy woman.

I know of a woman. She's an interesting study. A sick woman, I think. And I suspect it’s that she never got over her bad and failed marriage. If my recollection is correct, it broke up after 21 years. And she remains bitter over it. She hasn’t gotten on with life. Fully. She harbors the bitterness. And I think she dislikes me because I had a good marriage. Some people are like that. Unhappy people see happy people, and they can’t stand it. Because it reminds them of their failure. Their inability to achieve genuine happiness. They want to be pitied. They get their solace from pity parties. They like being around fellow mourners. If somebody encourages them to "don’t worry, be happy," they resent it. Because they don’t want to be happy. They feel wronged. They want to be pitied. They want to be told, “Oh, you poor thing. I feel so bad for you. You’ve been mistreated. You’ve been abused.” I suspect she will forever hold a grudge against men, in general, because of the act of one man. Her ex-husband. She’ll never be able to forgive him. And she sees her ex-husband in other men. From her perspective, all men are bad. They cannot be trusted. They are inherently evil. I give her ex-husband the benefit of the doubt. I have to ask, how could he have put up with her for 21 years? That was a remarkable feat in itself. When a marriage breaks up, I suspect that both parties are to blame, to varying degrees. Usually, it doesn’t come down to one spouse being 100 percent at fault. Maybe it’s not a 50-50 sharing the blame thing. But let’s say, 80-20, or something like that. She has to learn to accept some of the blame. And to forgive. She hasn’t been able to do that. And until she does, she’s gonna remain a very unhappy woman. --Jim Broede

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jim, I'm so glad you have your blog now. Now everyone can see what and who you really are.
At least you are more open and honest here.

All of those thinly-vailed posts on the Alz Message Board are fully evealed here - as to what there 'true' intent was.

As much as you say 'they' hate you, I believe you delight in antagonizing and hating-on them.

Look into yourself Jim.
Why are you doing this?
As a child they calld you 'Big Mouth" in Czech. Could that be a link to why you create and engage in negative dialogue?
Is it for attention?
Is for recognition?
Is it . . . for love?

At least negative reactions are some kind of a reaction, right?

I think this post should be retitled as, "...a very unhappy man".

Broede's Broodings said...

All opinions are welcome. Thanks. You give me something to think about. We're both trying to accomplish the same thing. Get each other to think. To approach life with open minds. --Jim

Anonymous said...

You need to get laid.
Your pent-up frustartion is showing

Broede's Broodings said...

Who knows? You may be right. I always keep an open mind. I weigh all my options. I have many. many, many ways to relax. Writing is one of my favorites. I like to write love stories. You know, I have daily communion with Jeanne's spirit. That puts me at peace. I also have conversations with god. That's very helpful, too. It's a nice life. --Jim

Anonymous said...

Who knows? You may be right. I always keep an open mind. I weigh all my options. I have many. many, many ways to relax. Writing is one of my favorites. I like to write love stories. You know, I have daily communion with Jeanne's spirit. That puts me at peace. I also have conversations with god. That's very helpful, too. It's a nice life. --Jim

August 16, 2007 12:45 PM

STORIES ISN'T THAT THE TRUTH

Broede's Broodings said...

I think I'm living a love story. A new chapter every day. Makes me feel alive and exuberant and joyful. --Jim Broede