Saturday, August 18, 2007

Well, so be it.

The way I see it, folks, is that eventually the negative thinkers that hide their identities will go away. And the blog will attract more polite and courteous and relatively thoughtful people. Yes, people who make sense and seem a bit refined. Truth be told, there are some people I don't mind alienating to some degree. I can garner respect for some, especially those that sign their names. Because some of 'em truly seem to want a dialogue. They tell me what's wrong with me, but they tell me in a relatively nice way. They are civil. It's the uncivil people that I alienate. The truly mean-spirited people. And so many of 'em are or have been Alzheimer care-givers. And it's just my opinion that -- well, they're ill-suited for care-giving. And I say it. I think their patients need to be protected from them. Because they are in worse shape than their patients. Just my opinion. And yes, I understand that can and does alienate some. They don't like to hear that. If someone calls me unsuited for the care-giving role, I take it in stride. I don't get angry. Because I know better. I've learned how to be a darn good care-giver, and I'm proud of it. Maybe that makes me sound condescending. Well, so be it. --Jim

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This one takes me back to my childhood. As kids we would use reverse psychology to get what we wanted. It was silly then but waaaay sillier for a 70 something man.
The fact is this blog is done. Nearly every post has 0 comments.
I've looked at every post because I am a college student majoring in psychology. The peek inside your mind has been right out of a text book. Thank for the view but I have all I need. I'm sure you will mount some personal attack hoping to whip everyone into a frenzy. That will fail because nobody cares anymore. The new wore of of crazy.
Good luck with that reverse psychology Jimmy boy.

Broede's Broodings said...

Ms. Anonymous:

You'll keep coming back to broede's broodings. Because you are addicted to this blog. You can't resist it. Especially as long as you can remain anonymous. You are afraid to be yourself. You have to hide. Think about that in your psychology class some day.Why are you afraid to be you? --Jim Broede

Broede's Broodings said...

Another thing that sort of intrigues me. Why are women almost exclusively attracted to this blog? That might be something to discuss in a psychology class. I have a sense that virtually all of the contributors to the comments section of the blog are women. Maybe it's because they have floated over here from the Alzheimer's message boards. The boards are dominated by women. Seems to me a lot of the men have been scared away. But not me. I'm a strong-willed guy. Women don't scare me. I find it easier to love 'em, than to be scared. You women are really quite loveable, and often funny. And I even found a goddess, my dear Jeanne. I'll be forever grateful for that. Yes, I've been blessed. By a woman. --Jim Broede

Anonymous said...

Jim: In recent years the required intelligence for college attendance must have been lowered or the anonymous psychology major was granted a special exemption. Any fool would realize that that there is no need to use reverse psychology... As owner of this blog...You control the posting options.

The pronouncement that your blog is dead is either false or at least premature. The hit counter proves otherwise...Even after I subtract my visits (Yes I do keep track).