Sunday, October 14, 2007

I can take 'em or leave 'em.

Hey, folks, I don’t feel empathy or compassion for everyone. Never said I did. But I try not to dislike anyone. In other words, I’m just sort of neutral about some people. They don’t turn me on. And they don‘t turn me off. But I do feel compassion and empathy for quite a few on the Alzheimer's messager boards. Not everyone. Care-givers can ask for compassion from me. But don‘t always get it. I don’t just produce compassion on demand. One can’t command compassion. One can’t command love, either. I really feel sorry for some care-givers. Others, I don’t. That’s the way it is. Let’s be honest about it. But one thing, I try to be reasonably nice and polite to everybody. And I’m thankful for the Azheimer's message boards. I’ve cultivated several freindships there. True blue friends. People I genuinely like. Very, very much. And there are some members of the Ladies Aid Society -- well, for which I’m just sort of neutral. I don't like or dislike. I can take 'em or leave 'em. --Jim Broede

No comments: