Sunday, October 14, 2007

Your way. My way. All kinds of ways.

In my mind, a Buddhist, a Hindu, a Muslim, a Jew, and yes, even a free-thinker, aren't any less devout and believing than a Christian. I even think that god likes atheists. And holds an atheist in no less esteem than a so-called true believer. Yes, god is so open-minded that god, over the long haul, saves everyone. And I happen to think that Jesus would not approve of the current state of organized Christianity. He would not like much of what is done in the name of Christianity. I’m open-minded. I’ve been a Christian, in name. I’ve been a church deacon. I’ve attended a seminary. I graduated from a church-related college. I’ve had wonderful conversations with theologians, with seminary professors. I’ve read thousands of books. On religion. And all this has made me a free-thinker. I think there are many, many ways. Not one way. The Christian way is one way. But in the end, I think we all get to the same destination. Whether we are Buddhist, Hindu, Muslim, Jew, free thinker, atheist, whatever. Oh, there are so many, many ways. That’s what makes life so wonderful. To think, that god granted us so very many options. So many ways. To love. To savor life. Yes, your way. My way. All kinds of ways. --Jim Broede

No comments: