Sunday, October 28, 2007

...what it means to be me.

My concept of god is preposterous. That goes for the spirit world, too. Unbelievable, one might say. Yet, I believe it. I believe there’s a direct line to god. And to the spirit world. For everyone. For dealing with life. With the littlest things. And the biggest things. But most of us don’t believe it, I suspect. Oh, so many say they are believers. But they ain’t. God is a romantic. A liberal. A free-thinker. He doesn’t espouse orthodox, organized religion per se. He thinks it’s nonsense. But he tolerates it. Because some people need it. He’s open-minded. He even likes atheists. Belief in god isn’t necessary for salvation. You don’t even have to live a so-called decent life to be saved. And hey, god has an open door. He listens. Any time. Any place. He doesn’t always give you what you want. But he listens. And sometimes he confides. In dreams. In one’s imagination. He triggers thought. Sometimes god speaks to us through our subconscious mind. In, oh, so many different ways. I think god even allows Jeanne to be a conduit. To me. God thinks that’s cool. God is love. Pure love. Unconditional love. It could have been god, or Jeanne, or another friendly spirit communicating with me in my dreams. Preposterous? Yes. But I believe in the impossible. I believe in god. And in the spirit world. And I even believe that it’s possible to walk on water. And to love unconditionally. Hey, that’s what it means to be a romantic idealist. And a free-thinker. That’s what it means to be me. –Jim Broede

No comments: