Friday, November 2, 2007

I know the sadness will pass. Always has.

I think we all have full lives. We all have 24-hour days. And 7-day weeks. I’m retired, technically speaking. But I see myself as busier than ever. More active than ever. And maybe even more fulfilled than ever. By that, I mean I feel more alive. More with it. Maybe because I’m learning to live in the moment. To savor so many little things. To appreciate being alive. To reflect. And to tell myself, hey, this ain’t a bad life. Living is good. And yes, there are a hundred million things I’d like to do with my life, with the remaining years. But I can’t do it all. But that’s the wonderful thing. I’m able to pick and choose. Instead of lamenting about what I can’t get around to, I rejoice because I have so many, many choices. The important thing is that I can be me. And the more I am me, the better I feel. The happier I am. And I am as busy as any of you. Wonderfully busy. Even when I go to sleep, I am busy. I’m thinking. Wonderful thoughts. And sometimes I dream, wonderful thoughts. And when I first wake in the morning, I resume thinking. Wonderful thoughts. And even when I’m sad, I feel a bit wonderful. Because I know the sadness will pass. Always has. --Jim Broede

No comments: