Thursday, November 1, 2007

Or would you change me? And if so, in what way?

I wrote the words that follow to one person. Posing significant questions. But the more I stopped to ponder and really think about it, I sort of mean it as an open letter to humanity. To my fellow beings. So, here, after just a little bit of minor editing, is what I had to say.

My dear friends and fellow human beings:

You know, I love sharing thoughts. With the handful of people I like. Thoughts make the world go round. I like to share my joy. My happiness. Much more than my sadness. For instance, I love sharing Jeanne. Always will. Because Jeanne has become a vital part of me. Forever. I guess I don't mind sharing Jeanne. And sharing a handful of close friends. Friends that are a good influence on me. And I hope it goes the other way, too. That I am a good influence on my friends. My life, or so it seems to me, is sort of like living in a novel. A story that keeps unfolding. Daily. A new chapter every day. And mainly, I see happiness. By turning to the likes of my few friends. Did you know that you are a big source of my happiness, dear friends? And I have this compulsion to tell the world about it. And tell each of you about it. Directly. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I walk naked in this world. And I'm not ashamed of it. Not afraid or embarrassed to be naked. Because it shows me who I am. And others, too. Lots of people don't like what they see. Which is unfortunate. But a handful have learned to accept me as I am. I think that includes my friends. I don't know. I'll find out in time. I want you to know, dear friends, that I can accept you as you are. Can you do that with me? Or would you change me? And if so, in what way? --Jim Broede

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you could stop breathing that would be quite refreshing for the rest of us.
P.S. Don't talk about you walking naked. I saw that line and threw up my lunch.
Have a great day.

Broede's Broodings said...

Dear humanity:

Think about it. If I stopped breathing, I'd die. And my body may not be discovered until it was in a state of decomposition. And that would not be very refreshing. There would be a stench in the air. As for being naked, I have a nice physique. No need to throw up. But then again, it's possible that you dined at the wrong place, Typhoid Mary's Eating Emporium. A poor choice on your part. The name should have been a give away.--Jim Broede

Anonymous said...

if there was a stench, it wouldnt be any different than it is now

Broede's Broodings said...

Dear Anonymous:

I gotta admit there's a stench now. But that's because I allow comments like yours to be published. Your putrid comments make my words smell like roses. That's how I eliminate odors. My sweet-scented words ultimately dominate. Good wins over bad/evil. Makes one believe in the god of love. All's well that ends well. --Jim

Anonymous said...

I really don't have an reponse to the entry but I will say the comments made me laugh, not smile laugh. Both the poster and the blogger provided a bright point in my day, gotta take them where you can. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Broede's Broodings said...
Dear Anonymous:

I gotta admit there's a stench now. But that's because I allow comments like yours to be published. Your putrid comments make my words smell like roses. That's how I eliminate odors. My sweet-scented words ultimately dominate. Good wins over bad/evil. Makes one believe in the god of love. All's well that ends well. --Jim

November 3, 2007 8:54 AM

Only ones that would agree with this statement is you and lets see how many dear scary/larry/rosie? How many is that? One, two, three or just you. Now please allow me to use a true writers word "AIN'T" that so!
you only win in your world, which makes you the loser.

Broede's Broodings said...

Anonymous #1:

I like it that you laughed. At both of us. I want more and more people to come to this blog and leave it feeling good, If they're laughing -- well, that's good. Being able to think and to laugh all at the same time is one of the wonderful blessings of life. --Jim Broede

Broede's Broodings said...

Anonymous #2:

It's nice that there are highly intelligent people in this world that agree with me. After all, it's quality that counts. Not quantity. I'd rather have a handful of intelligent beings in my camp than hordes of stupid nincompoops. --Jim Broede

Anonymous said...

Broede's Broodings said...
Anonymous #2:

It's nice that there are highly intelligent people in this world that agree with me. After all, it's quality that counts. Not quantity. I'd rather have a handful of intelligent beings in my camp than hordes of stupid nincompoops. --Jim Broede

November 3, 2007 12:25 PM

Highly intelligent people in the world agree with you? Who? Oh and btw I know what you have a handful of and it "ain't" highly intelligent people.

Broede's Broodings said...

Anonymous #2:

For your information, a recent survey showed that people who agree with me have higher IQs than people who disagree with me. You weren't included in the survey. But I wish you had. Because I suspect that would have made the gap even wider. --Jim Broede

Anonymous said...

Geez jimbo more lies. When will you ever learn. Its very sad you have to make things and people up to try and make yourself look good.

Broede's Broodings said...

Dear Jack-ass:

The jack-ass came up with a follow up question, asking what makes him/her look bad? Well, that's easy to answer. Just acting like a jack-ass. --Jim