Tuesday, November 27, 2007

I'd gladly do it again.

"I'm so sorry," Diana writes, "to hear that anyone has to go through this (Alzheimer's ordeal) with our loved ones. It SUCKS!!!!"

Well, Diana put it succintly on the Alzheimer's message board the other day. But what might suck even more is Diana's attitude. It's time that folks like Diana quit feeling sorry for themselves and get on with the business of being good and positive care-givers for their patients. I'd sure as heck would rather be the care-giver than the patient. And when I was caring for my Jeanne for 13 years, I decided in the end it really didn't suck. It was one of the more rewarding and fulfilling experiences of my life. I wish that I didn't have to go through the ordeal. But it taught me something. That I genuinely loved my Jeanne, and I'd gladly do it again. --Jim Broede

No comments: