Saturday, November 3, 2007

...to focus on the wonderful aspects of life.

Life is filled with ups and downs. In my case, far more ups than downs. That keeps me going. And I create a world – maybe an imaginary world – which I’d call a world of uppers. I create a world that makes sense. A world that I can believe in. A world filled with the notion of love. Unconditional love. And it works. It makes me happy. If I’m in a downer, I find a way to refocus. On things that buoy my morale. My spirit. Maybe it’s just going for a walk along the lakeshore or in the woods. I put on 10 miles a day. Or 300 miles in a month. Or maybe it’s communing with god. Or with Jeanne in a spirit world. Or maybe it’s watching the Cubs play baseball. Or maybe it’s playing with my dear cats Lover Boy and Little Black Lady. For years, it was being a loving care-giver for my beloved Jeanne. Oh, so many, many ways to focus on the wonderful aspects of life. –Jim Broede

No comments: