Sunday, December 30, 2007

They have no clue when I'm kidding.

I do spend a good part of my life laughing. That's one thing Jeanne taught me. Not to take myself too seriously. Oh, I get impassioned over various things. Which is good. But even then, there's often comic relief. Love can be funny in so many ways. Deleriously funny. People have to learn to laugh at themselves. I like self-deprecating humor. And I do a lot of "put-on" humor. I pretend to be serious sometimes, when I'm really not. I lead people on. For instance, I'll pretend to be arrogant. When I'm not. It's like when somebody asks me, 'How are you?' And I tell them 'I'm better than you.' Or I tell them I'm infallible. That's what I call put-on humor. And those snob ladies. I'll josh them. Like I congratulate one for being the 7,000th visitor to my web site and I tell her the grand prize is a life-size autographed picture of me. Or a free dinner with me. Some of them, I think, actually believe that I'm arrogant enough to send them that autographed life-size picture. These ladies don't know how to laugh. So sad. They're so serious. They have no clue when I'm kidding. --Jim Broede

No comments: