Wednesday, January 16, 2008

As if I were in Paradise.

I suppose I am in love with love. With the very concept. For me, that is the only way to live. To live for love. To love to live. And I could live in solitude. For the rest of my life. More or less alone. But I wouldn't be lonely. That is, as long as I could love something. I think I could even live reasonably happy on a desert island. If I could write. And read. And blend in with nature. But if I could live with one other, with an Eve, so to speak, I could live in bliss. To have intimacy. With one other. That's all I need. Yes, I'd like it to be Jeanne. A physically present Jeanne. But I could still live with a spiritual Jeanne. I still do, to this day. I commune with Jeanne's spirit. And Jeanne tells me it's all right to fall in love. Again. With someone. That is, with someone that genuinely needs to be loved. And I think that maybe Jeanne has helped me find that someone. By creating the right circumstances. Maybe what seem like an odd set of coincidences. Someone that needs me. And that I need, too. Yes, Jeanne the matchmaker. My guardian angel. Watching over me. And I am seriously thinking about writing a book. About love. And how it has come to permeate my life. I'm not sure I want the book published. In a sense, I'd rather live the book. Just the way I live a poem. I am smitten. And I am wooing. With my style of love. My way. And that is to do more than write about it. To actually live it. I am living love. Daily. In a spiritual way. As if I were in Paradise. --Jim Broede

No comments: