Thursday, January 17, 2008

I'd rather spend my time being happy.

I'm trying to think of the last time that I've been angry. Deeply angry. It's been so long ago. Oh, I've been annoyed. And perturbed. And very disappointed. But as for outright anger towards anyone -- I can't remember. Oh, I don't like lots of people. George Bush, for instance. I detest the guy. But I can't say I hate him. I have no desire to kill anyone. Or wish anyone dead. I don't even want to kill an animal. But then if that were completely true, I'd be a vegetarian. And I'm not. Anyway, I think I'm too much in love with life to be outrightly angry. About anything. I'd rather spend my time being happy. About being alive. And in love. --Jim Broede

4 comments:

Synchronicity said...

what has you so vexed about anger?

Broede's Broodings said...

I have not ever thought of myself as vexed about anger, Merelyme. But I'll give it some thought. You arouse my interest to actually think I am vexed. Maybe you see something I don't see. I am looking at the concept of anger from a clinical sense. It's hard for me to understand why we have so many angry people in this world. I have been assuming they are angry because of a lack of love in their lives. But I could be wrong about that. I may be a shallow thinker. Not thinking deeply enough. I'll try to dig deeper and come up with a better answer. --Jim Broede

laughingwolf said...

unlike you, i AM angry... very!

at child abuse, for the most part! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

and at those who refuse to move on once a relationship ends, but continue to vent their spleen, uncaring about who else they hurt in the process!

Broede's Broodings said...

There are some things I cannot change, laughing wolf. Oh, sure, I wish I could make the world a perfect place. But I can't. And I work for change where I reasonably can. I try to practice love. To some extent. Daily. That's all I can do. I learned to love my dear Jeanne. Yes, one other. That's how one starts. With one other. Unfortunately, some of us never get started. --Jim Broede