Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Interesting, isn't it?

The more I think about it, to fall in love, one must allow one's self to become a fool. To be crazy. Love is an act of craziness. One must let go. Do what to people out of love deem rather foolish. Even irrational. When I declare myself to be a romantic idealist (dreamer), a free-thinker, a liberal and a lover -- well, so many people think I should add to the list, fool. And maybe I should. Because I tend to be happy when I'm not supposed to be happy. When I was tending to Jeanne. Being Jeanne's care-giver. When I was coping with the perils and pitfalls of Alzheimer's. I still managed to find satisfaction. Happiness. And I tell that to other care-givers on the Alzheimer's message board, and so many of 'em tell me I'm downright crazy. That I'm an irrational fool. A blubbering idiot. You know, that's why in some sense of the word, I don't fit into this world. But really, I know I fit. When I find people to love. Yes, when I fall in love. Then a handful of people accept me as I am. Even appreciate me. And quite possibly love me. And soon I realize that's all I need to be happy. My cocoon and a handful of people that I can call friends. And one that I can call lover. Interesting, isn't it? --Jim Broede

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits.The rebels. The toublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The one's who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can praise them,disagree with them, quote them,disbelieve them,glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They invent. They imagine. They heal. They explore. They create. They inspire. They push the human race forward. Maybe they have to be crazy. How else can you stare at an empty canvas and see a work of art? Or sit in silence and hear a song that's never been written? While some may see them as the crazy one's, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the one's who do."

when I read this my friend..I thought of you...

Happy New Year.