Saturday, January 19, 2008

Just by being present. In my life.

I wonder if I will ever be tongue-tied. With my love. Maybe it's more a case of me just stumbling along. Sometimes. I guess I'm not afraid to talk out loud to my love. I'll tend to let my love know what's on my mind even before I know what's on my mind. It's sort of a funny feeling. But it comes down to sharing my thoughts while they are still in the formative stage. I think that's a form of intimacy. A form of openness. I try to be not afraid to let my love see inside me. I like to think I have nothing to hide. That is what it means to walk naked. In other words, what one sees is what one gets. Sometimes, I don't know what I think. About lots of things. Maybe because I don't think enough. In so many ways, I am stupid. Ignorant. Unaware. Even of myself. I am still discovering myself. Maybe I only know 1 percent of myself. And maybe it isn't even that much. There's always a horizon in front of me. And I keep wondering what's beyond the horizon? Oh, I so much want life to be everlasting. So that I can keep discovering. And my love helps me discover. Just by being present. In my life. --Jim Broede

No comments: