Tuesday, January 8, 2008

So I can fully enjoy my moments of happiness.

Every suicide is sad. But especially a suicide of a young person, who hasn't had the opportunity to live happily. To experience happiness. They must think that all there is in life is sadness. Even if one's life is only 10 percent happiness, I'd think that might be reason enough to live. Because then one knows that happiness is possible. And no need to feel hopeless. But still, suicide is reality. We even have young people strapping bombs to their body and blowing themselves up and intentionmally killing people around them. Because they think life is so very bad. So bad that they have learned to hate life, to hate existence, to hate other people. To these people, I'd recommend an alternative. Withdraw from the rest of he world and live as a recluse, or best yet, with one other being that one can love. That's all it takes. One act of love. Even in a hostile world. To find solace in loving one other. But I have to admit, there are some pretty miserable conditions in this world where one can find little, if any, comfort. And people find it impossible to cope. And they just want out. They'd rather go into oblivion. If I dwelled on such a sad state, I'd go crazy. So I wear my blinders, and live happily. And shove my feelings of sadness and guilt aside. So I can fully enjoy my moments of happiness. --Jim Broede

No comments: